Hamilton Ontario is known for its large number of stray cats found roaming around. There are thousands upon thousands of strays that are either lost pets, abandoned or born on the streets.
The life of a stray cat is not easy, and the cats face many challenges such as:
-Enduring extremes weather, such as cold, snow, heat and rain.
-They face starvation, infection and attacks from other animals.
-Unfortunately, almost half of the kittens born outdoors die from disease, exposure to parasites usually within their first year.
-They face eradication by humans, poison, trapping, hit by cars, trains, and euthanization by government agencies to control the cat population.
Most stray cats that survive kittenhood only live up to 2 years old. Some live longer with a colony care giver. Life is just not easy for them outdoors.
When stray cats and kittens are found, people are quick to take in kittens and leave the adults behind. Rescuing just kittens doesn't fix the problem. Mom and dads need to be fixed to decrease the numbers of reproducing.
We work hard to always focus on the adults even if they are considered feral.
Before we organize taking in any feline considered a stray, we do our research to make sure the feline is in fact a stray, and not a missing or lost pet.
Our feline program is strictly for stray cats/kittens who have no protection against the dangers of everyday survival outdoors. Each and every cat we take into our program we trap ourselves; as researching, making a plan, and taking action have to be done properly.
We do not take in feline surrenders or help to rehome. These services can be offered by municipality facilities such as SPCA, Humane Societies or local rescues.
When reaching out to local rescues, do your research and ask questions to make sure your feline is in safe hands before surrendering.
All felines in our care are seen by our trusted vet. They all receive standard medical care and treatment's such as,
* Full Examination
* Flea Treatments
* Blood Screening
We test each felines blood in our care to make sure there is no known diseases or issues.
If any issues or medical care is needed outside of our standard care, we make sure our felines are treated and well taken care of. Each case varies, as we take in felines in all sorts of different conditions. Living on the streets are not easy for these fur babies, and we pride ourselves on changing their lives for the better.
What makes our rescue a little bit more unique then others when it comes to stray felines.... Is we do not use barn programs or release our felines back into the wild.
We pride ourselves on the hard work and dedication we put into socializing our kitties. Not many rescues offer this service, as it can be a very long timely process, and space is always limited.
Each feline is unique with how long it takes to be fully socialized, to be able to be adopted in the future. Our goal is to give each feline a fair opportunity to learn how to trust, be social, so they can live safe and sound indoors forever. More then 90% of considered feral cats, are just scared and not feral. They are misunderstood, and just need time, patience and love. The other 10% just need extra tlc which we have more the enough to go around.
Socializing cats can be a lengthy process, and because of this we are limited for space. We are also in need of constant supply's during this process.
VOLUNTEERS: We are in need of Volunteers to help with pick ups for donations or supplies.
FOSTERS: We are always in need of foster homes to help us be able to save as many feline warriors as we can. We need foster homes for social cats as well as experienced foster homes, that know how to help with socializing with feral to semi-feral felines.
ADOPT: We are always looking for fur-ever homes for our ready felines that are available for adoption.
DONATE: Donations are a huge part to our foundation to be able to save lives. Because some of our felines stay longer then others while we work hard to socialize them, their costs of litter and food usually exceeds their adoption fee once they are adopted. (This is not including their medical fees we have spent as well.)
These are the donations we are always in need of for our felines.
* Money for medical expenses
* Food (Dry & Wet)
* Litter (this is our most used item that is donated the least. We are always in need of litter no matter what.)
We have a Amazon wish list to donate items directly to us from the comfort of your own home.
Your support and contributions will enable us to save felines in need.